About Me

My photo
glastonbury, Somerset, United Kingdom

Sunday 6 February 2011

Zorch at Stonehenge 1974

Until I began this research the word Zorch would have meant nothing to me.Maybe the sound of melting plastic sacks,but no.Zorch were the only band to play the first Stonehenge Free Festival in 1974

"We knew Wally Hope who got it all together. This was the first one there. So the band all piled in to the old green van and made it there." Thus was the will of the gods.

"Zorch set up stage facing the Stones, ……200 yards away .1974, it wasn't heavy at all . Not many people there . Best so far. First day the whole band played and we went down pretty well."
The following day was Basil Brookes solo set during which he completely freaked out a guy in the audience who thought he was conjuring up Dark Forces.
More Zorch can be found at Zorch .

I mention this as I was given George Bergers "The Story of Crass" inside was a photo taken by Basil of Zorch of Phil Russell enjoying life at Stonehenge 1974.I have been holding back but will show this now,even though I am still eagerly awaiting approval .I have Emailed and Flickred and Facebooked and My Spaced but to no avail.If anyone can help me contact him,please do.I would love to record his contribution to Henge Folklore and to connect Zorch back fully to the Wallies x

No comments:

Post a Comment